Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Starting Solids

We are getting ready to start solid foods with the baby pumpkin and I am little nervous about how this may affect our cloth diapering. I told my husband last night that if the poops are really that bad smelling that we can consider going back to disposables and he told me:

"No way, I love cloth diapers"

I love cloth diapers too, so I am glad to hear that he is still on board with this adventure. I am thinking of picking up a diaper sprayer this weekend to attach to our toilet. If anyone has any great tips for me, I would love to hear them.

2 comments:

  1. We just got a diaper sprayer! We'd been using the shower head (it detaches) and cleaning our diapers in the shower, and now we do it in the toilet. and WoW! Solids! My pediatrician told me I should start with my daughter but I don't think she's ready. My pediatrician is just crazy and doesn't really like when people breastfeed without supplementing. She's been telling me to supplement since our baby was born! But she's about to hit five months so I might start soon if she stops being satisfied by my milk and starts showing other signs of needing solids. I'm not looking forward to new kinds of poop then, but at least some of it will be solid poop and it might be easier to clean :-D

    Wow... I'm babbling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm I wondered about this too! But my 2 year old wears cloth when she is not in panties and had a mess one day and it came clean, so hopefully it will stay that way!

    Hey by the way your gift card went out! YEA

    ReplyDelete