Monday, November 9, 2009

The disposabes are back in the package- out of sight

So I had been storing a stack of disposables next to my stack of cloth diapers while I was making the transition. The stack of disposables was there in case I didn't have any clean cloth diapers (I don't have enough to last 2 days yet) or if dad decided to change a diaper. Well, we are going on 2 days of cloth diapers only so I decided it was time to take the stack of disposables away. I'll hang on to them until the baby bear grows out of that size and if I still have them, I will donate them or give them to a friend.

I'll be honest: I didn't expect the transition to cloth diapers to go that well. I thought we would have blowouts galore and horrible laundry drama. So far, we haven't had either- although I have become sort of obsessed with cloth diapering and I wasn't expecting that!

1 comment:

  1. I still have a HUGE stack of disposables under my changing table. Just in case. I haven't bought any on my own, though. I was just given tons from baby showers. I rarely use them. Since I had about 9 diapers I was able to go pretty much all cloth (though I was doing like three loads of laundry a day!) but every once in a while we get lazy and don't feel like running downstairs to grab the dry inserts to stuff in the diapers in the middle of the night if we've run out of ones we've already stuffed, and we'll put her in a disposable. She seems to leak in those if she poops though, so I really prefer the cloth on her for that reason as well as so many other reasons!

    Oh, and I think it's best for the longevity of the elastic in the diapers to line dry them. I machine dried my diapers for awhile, but then read somewhere you should line dry them, so now I only machine dry the inserts. Just to be safe! I usually do a load of diapers during the day and then let them dry through the night and then I have another batch ready for morning.

    ReplyDelete